Peddds

Centurion Enzo SV vs Mastercraft x23

Peddds    0

I currently have a 06 Enzo sv230. I have been very happy with my Enzo but I am interested in getting a new boat. Maybe an Enzo sv 233 or 244. I have also been reading a lot about the Mastercraft x23. I am wanting some input or advice on the sv 233 vs sv 244 vs Mastercraft x23.

Cdifranco    463

Got to be honest. Pulled up next to a mastercraft today and the owner was nice enough to give me a pull behind his boat as we swapped passengers. In my opinion the quality of wave wasn't even close to the centurions

Stretch    409

I would say more surf for money centurion, wakeboard wake x23. What do you care about more?

Why not throw a G into that mix?

Edited by Stretch

Shaka    146

I've got friends with Mastercrafts and with the exception of the new X46 none can throw a surfing wave on both sides nearly as good as my SV230. The X46 is a different story.

I'd by a G23 over any Mastercraft if I could get the price close.

DarksideR    1,679

Centurion-=excellent surf and good wakeboard.

Mastercraft-=excellent wakeboard and BLAH surf.

LKASurfing    53

Just gave lessons on a new X23 yesterday, was extremely disappointed in the wake for as much Mastercraft was stating its wake was. I am sure it could be dialed in better... but not good. I was also in a new Momba this weekend that had a far better wake than the X23

Do yourself a favor & get behind a SV244! That should make up your mind! lol

• Like 1

Peddds    0

I have surfed behind most mastercrafts and have been disappointed because it was never as good as my Enzo. Wasn't even impressed with the X46. To be fair, I have enzo fat sacs, bow fat sac, and everything dialed in just the way I like it. But I want a new boat that is the best surfing boat on the market (and my wife doesn't like the looks of the FS line). I reference Mastercraft because there is a dealer close (the closest Centurion dealer is 2 hours away.) X23 was the newest Mastercraft built only for surfing but I have yet to surf behind it. So no to X23? Is SV244 far superior for surfing than the 233? Thanks.

DarksideR    1,679

I have surfed behind most mastercrafts and have been disappointed because it was never as good as my Enzo. Wasn't even impressed with the X46. To be fair, I have enzo fat sacs, bow fat sac, and everything dialed in just the way I like it. But I want a new boat that is the best surfing boat on the market (and my wife doesn't like the looks of the FS line). I reference Mastercraft because there is a dealer close (the closest Centurion dealer is 2 hours away.) X23 was the newest Mastercraft built only for surfing but I have yet to surf behind it. So no to X23? Is SV244 far superior for surfing than the 233? Thanks.

No, the 233 and 244 are very close to the same, you'd be hard pressed to see or feel the difference in surf wake IMO.

Has your wife seen the FS in person? We get so many compliments on ours! Just yesterday, a guy at the gas station said it was the nicest boat he'd seen in a long time! We love the boat, it's so different from the norm. Show your wife what it can do, she may change her mind. I hear women do that from time to time! ;)

• Like 2

Dreamer    96

Pretty tough to get a clean wakeboard wake behind our SV244 but the surf wake is amazing.

stoked    1,039

No, the 233 and 244 are very close to the same, you'd be hard pressed to see or feel the difference in surf wake IMO.

Has your wife seen the FS in person? We get so many compliments on ours! Just yesterday, a guy at the gas station said it was the nicest boat he'd seen in a long time! We love the boat, it's so different from the norm. Show your wife what it can do, she may change her mind. I hear women do that from time to time! ;)

X2!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KillerG    1

We moved from a SV216 Enzo last year to a SV233. It was specked out just like I wanted it with all available options, ramfill (1st gen., surf package, ice breaker, bow ballast). I is by far the most beutiful boat I think I have ever seen. I was immensely disappointed with it however throughout last year as it had several issues such as leaking valves, gates were not functioning and I could never get the wake dialed. Needless to say when you have a dialed wake boat (any type) and you spend more than twice the amount to get a new boat and it fails to meet your expectation....well disappointment is an understatement.

Now the good news...my dealer Mello Marine supported the boat, and frankly me until it was all resolved. They advocated for the boat to go back to the factory and they repaired and replaced all of the valves and gates and the boat is now all resolved. Additionally, they installed additional integrated bags to both rear lockers which is a requirement to get the wave you need to throw the optimal wake. A buddy of mine who is a local pro and has a new FX44 helped me dial everything and the result is the most amazing wake imaginable and he even says it is equal to his new FX wake. Couldn't be happier, and everyone who rides it who all own other boats MC, Malibu, Nautique, and Supra that is is far superior.

I know this is long, but trust me when I tell you that if surfing is your main focus, you cannot do better than one of the Centruion performers, and don't loose much if any in other disciplines.

Good luck!.

i had a xstar and have alot of friends with mc boats or had mc boats and for the price and the quality and reliability issues associated with them i would personally put mc at the bottom of boats i would consider buying take both for a test drive and compare

FargoDawg    8

I was behind a X20 this weekend, I don't know/care how their numbering works but, FWIW: wave was huge!!! boat rides nose up to the point where the driver cant see and its almost impossible to sit in the bow if youre afraid of heights. the pocket was about 5 feet long. barely longer than the board and washed out iommediately behind the rider, there was no coming back from 10 feet back. switched to "mellow" mode in order to get a more skim style wake....helped just a bit maybe added a foot. the boat moved a lot of water but it cant get it to where it needs to be IMO.

I love my SV233!!!

• Like 1