rockballer    162

Looks really washy. I know I am probably the only one that runs with my trim tab almost all the way down... but it cleans up the wave allot. That's going to be hard to surf that wave. Looks really washy.

stoked    1,039

My first impression is more weight on the surf side, get the boat listed. I'd also definitely move your front foot toes all the way to the toe edge of the grip part

my .02

rockballer    162

11 MPH Speed and trim tab 100%

Enzo sac - 1450 lbs full and centre tank full

Every boat is different but the wave you posted won't have much push with the current set up IMO. There are allot more experienced people here that have the same boat. im sure they will be allot more help with setting up your boat

Nate2215    25

Yah, I'm pretty sure speed has a lot to do with it, the 2nd day we got it dialed in a bit more, the wave you are seeing there is with everyone sitting in the bow, it made the wake pretty small and washy, I just need to know what it should look like behind my boat then at least I know what to accomplish.

Edited by Nate2215

DarksideR    1,679

Looks like one of two things are wrong. Either your Quickfill didn't fill, or you have too much counterweight. You need to make absolutely sure that your quickfill is operating properly. This is hard to do out on the water. Before you dunk the boat, use a flashlight and look inside the port/s on the transom. Have someone cycle the gates open and closed and verify that they fully open and fully close. If everything is working properly, next step is on the lake. Do NOT move in a forward motion while filling your ballast. Sounds silly, but it can effect the water flow into the QF tanks. You can also place your hand over the thru hulls on the side of the boat to feel air pushing out when they are filling properly. The QF tanks should take about 2 minutes (I think) to fill. Then make sure you close the gate/s. Fill all the bags on the port side as well. Forget about bow weight for now. You should be leaning pretty good at this point. Now try it out. Move people around one at a time to try some fine tuning. You will likely benefit from SOME counter weight. It'll add push. But too much will give you a washy wake, alot like in your pics. If your wave is tall in height and short in length, add some bow weight. Try speeds ranging from 10.7-11.3. Every boat is different.

Here's some video of what it should look like:

Edited by DarksideR
  • Like 2

rockballer    162

^What Dark said

seems as if all boats respond differently to weight. have been in some that like it up front and some like mine that like it in the rear.... no pun intended... LOL

before I got more weight I was surfing rope less at 9.8 MPH. When you change the weight everything changes I find. Even if you have a full boat of people. I'm now running almost double the weight this year and 2 MPH faster.

Depending on the crew you can literally spend 1/2 hr or more fine tuning it every time out.

• Like 2

Nate2215    25

Is there a way to get higher quality pictures on this forum?

It won't let me use photobucket and the 200kb isn't really working out for me

I played around with the wake a whole bunch this weekend and I think I have it looking pretty good

volzalum    280

I upload to Facebook and then download again to get smaller size pictures

stoked    1,039

I played around with the wake a whole bunch this weekend and I think I have it looking pretty good

I use imgur and then post the link clicking the "image" button above. I "think" if you're a supporting member you get a larger upload size.

DarksideR    1,679

I think Tapatalk works around this, but, becoming a supporting member opens up the picture size by a lot. And it's cheap, and supports the forum that supports it's members and more. The information on here is worth it's weight...

• Like 1

viking    491

Darkside's recommendations are right on target. You will know when quickfill is working as you can hear the vent line and feel the air. Plus it should start to list some when full (my 226 does). Then fill the pnp bag. I fill the bow tank too but don't think the s21 had that. Maybe a couple bags of lead would work well?

I tell all the peeps to sit on surf side or in the bow and start surfing. It can be fine tuned from there but that alone should be a clean enough wake to surf!!

• Like 1

Nate2215    25

Ok, I've been away for a while

Here are some pics. I am also giving up on my skim style board for a while, I have bought a ronix Koal powertail (4'11") so I'm hoping this will work better.

I haven't gotten out yet because my boat has been getting its 25hr service.

post-6843-0-87862000-1438897200_thumb.jpg

post-6843-0-28013700-1438897260_thumb.jpg

post-6843-0-76877300-1438897278_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nate2215

phillewis    39

Looks pretty good to me... do you have quicksurf? if so, try tapping your starboard tab down just a hair... and seriously, just a hair. I tap my down button 3 times, and it cleans up nice!

• Like 1

rockballer    162

That doesn't look bad at all. Like the flow. Seems to curve allot more into the centre of the boat and have a C shape looking pocket to it. Very odd looking and unique wave. Really would like to see more.

viking    491

Looks good Nate........what are your settings there?

Nate2215    25

That is

Port side quickfill full

Port side PNP full

Trim tab 25%

Cruise set for 8.2MPH which seems to be about 10mph gps (I really think gps perfect pass will be in my future)

My wife driving and 2 kids (all over the place lol)

Oh and Phil no, I don't have the quicksurf

Edited by Nate2215