Sign in to follow this  
souperfly

Few stereo questions..

souperfly    41

2007 Enzo SV230

First, need to replace the interior speakers. A few are completley blown and others are dry rotted. I keep forgetting to pull them out to check the size. Are they 6" or 6.5"?

The stereo has been water damaged, and none of the buttons on the face work. So that means I can't adjust the treble, bass, etc. It has the sony remote next to the steering wheel, but curious if any other stereos will work with the sony remote? Any good recommendations for a replacement stereo?

Thanks!

truekaotik    458

6.5 " speakers

Only certain Sony HU's will connect to the remote. Depends on the remote you have.

Copenglenn    44

I went through the same issue on mine. Only certain Sony head units will work with the remotes. I ended up scrapping mine and going with a Kenwood HU with Bluetooth and some of their remotes.

Shaka    146

One of our stereo guys recommended a Kenwood to me that doesn't have a CD player. It works with their remotes and it has been fantastic! I don't remember the model but it's fantastic!

souperfly    41

One of our stereo guys recommended a Kenwood to me that doesn't have a CD player. It works with their remotes and it has been fantastic! I don't remember the model but it's fantastic!

If ya find out, let me know! I'm a little apprehensive about ordering another Sony HU as it seems this is a common problem...

WakeDoc    471

Why not do away with the head unit and go the bluetooth route, the only time we use the head unit is if we use the ipod otherwise we use bluetooth.

Shaka    146

Why not do away with the head unit and go the bluetooth route, the only time we use the head unit is if we use the ipod otherwise we use bluetooth.

This was a debate for me as well. I ultimately want to add a 420 but have been a little leery about issues with the BT. I decided to get a new head unit first and then go for the 420. The BT on the Kenwood is great and a think that when I get a 420 they will compliment each other. Also I love the Kenwood remote sitting on my dash. I don't even have to look at it to mute or change tracks. Very convenient.

souperfly    41

Guess I'm not too familiar with it. We still use the radio, and the current Sony has no aux input but I'm very open to suggestions!

WakeDoc    471

Guess I'm not too familiar with it. We still use the radio, and the current Sony has no aux input but I'm very open to suggestions!

Play music stored on your phone or apps like Pandora wireless using bluetooth. Then anyone with a bluetooth capable phone on the boat can play music.

boatnut    230

If you have a 420, the remote stereo control becomes almost redundant, cause it's so easy to turn the volume up or down with a actual rotary knob, we just stream from. Spotify and it's great, and wakedoc is correct, BT and everybody can play :)

Shaka    146

The main thing I use on the remote is the mute button. I also glance at the screen to see what's playing. My Pioneer stuff was dead so it was either replace the head unit and remote with something functional or have dead components sitting in the glove box and on the dash. Plus I get a radio and the ability to plug in a thumb drive full of my old mp3's. The head unit/remote replacement only cost me a couple of hundred so it didn't break the bank. I also have the option of adding an additional remote on the transom. I want to add the 420 for the reasons described above plus the tone shaping and zone control capabilities. The head unit also has the BT so I can avoid the 420BT.

boatnut    230

420 is awesome, but only thing I finding I. Don't like is, the white printing is wearing off :(