Stretch

226 wakeboard wake

Lak3surf3r    714

Of course I need to get behind one or atleast on one and check it out, but figured someone here might have a quick picture I could check out

This video has alot more of the wake for you stretch,

Edited by nasmith342
  • Like 1

Stretch    409

thank you sir, that looked pretty good

• Like 1

Nate2215    25

I'll be out this weekend, I can snap some pics for you, not sure if it will be any different than the 226 but it should be similar

• Like 1

bhanson    12

Hey Stretch, IMHO a big deep V hull is awesome for surfing, good for wakeboarding, and the flatter MC/Bu/Nautique hulls are awesome for wakeboarding and good for surfing. We wakeboarded 90% behind our MC X30 and it had a huge, rampy, completely clean wake, even with stock KGB system. We really had to work to make it surf well, though. Now we surf almost exclusive so moved to the Centurion Typhoon. Amazing surf wake, but we have never got the wakeboard wake dialed-in on both sides; shape is decent, but always washy, and very sensitive to weighting. We have had plenty of good riders tear it up, but they can ride anything, and net-net is my Typhoon's wakeboard wake cannot hold a candle to the X30. Unfortunately, seems you kind of need to pick your poison ...

Stretch    409

Yea. Closest I've seen to best of both worlds is fs22 and G. But I might be fine with just "good". I know Mitch bergsma can throw almost anyhjng in the book behind a boat and he rode behind an sv 230

Stretch    409

perhaps I have to be his friend to view it. looking on the page and cant find it either

Lak3surf3r    714

damn privacy setting doing their job lol

I threw it on youtube for you.

Stretch    409

Thank you sir! That wake looks money!! Very pleased with that

Edited by Stretch
  • Like 1

Yea, with ballast all full the wakeboarding wake is quite large and clean. However you must deploy the surf system to have any hope to get it on plane, then just retract it when it's up to speed to clean up the wake.

I'd upload a photo but looks like i have to use 3rd party hosting...

Edited by Antoddio

truekaotik    458

Our wakeboard wakes do clean up, the issues is when a adult rider pulls on the rope it dirties one side for a few because of the deep V... A novice or intermediate wake boarder won't notice...

NW Boat Sports    232

Our wakeboard wakes do clean up, the issues is when a adult rider pulls on the rope it dirties one side for a few because of the deep V... A novice or intermediate wake boarder won't notice...

Even the G23 does this and it has a flat bottom at the transom..

gator808    84

My 04 super air Nautique 210 did that as well and that is still considered one of the best wakeboard wakes. A good driver can get that wave to be clean as the rider is coming down from his trick to get that side clean. A lot of the times if you have a big rider when the pull outside you can feel it pull the boat. I just over compensate that with the steering and correct it as the rider jumps the wake.

When the rider pulls out it will clean up the side he is on and dirty the opposite side. But who cares, it's the opposite side. When they pull on that side it will clean up that side.

If they pull out and it doesn't clean up, just shift a passenger to the side you need to clean up or empty a little ballast out of the opposite side. That's typical of nearly all boats. It won't take much effort to get it clean for you.

• Like 1

Stretch    409

I understand the back and forth from a good rider pulling. Was more wondering about experiences like bhanson above with their typhoon. And what speed you have to run for a clean wake. Seems we often have to pump it up pretty high for clean wakes on these deep v boats and it's pretty tiring.

Thanks for all he help everyone. Seems like a viable choice.

Edited by Stretch

Kevin Baugh    78

My Enzo 211 cleans up around 19

The wake going dirty on the opposite side of the wake is a none issue

Edited by Kevin Baugh
  • Like 1

Here you go, a pic of the s226 wake, it's a sick wake and cleans up nicely around 21 or 22 when loaded down with about 2300. Wake looks huge in person. I've love to load it down more and see how it compares to some of the wakes costing twice as much. I was amazed by the wake that this thing threw. I can't speak for it unloaded however, however my V232 cleans up at 18mph with no ballast.

S226 weighted...hopefully this pic shows

• Like 1