stoked    1,039

That's the exact same connector that is behind my speakers. A couple of posts back I put which two of the three wires I used

IROCNParts    108

do you have any pics?

This is coming out of the module at the front of the boat

By the speakers there is only 4 wire connectors.

stoked    1,039

Unfortunately I don't have any and I'm 150 miles from my boat right now, if I did have photos they'd look a look like yours just through a speaker portal. Did you try tracing the wires? If you can wire from there, I went with the blue/red one and one of the black ones. It was the first wire I tested and it worked, so I didn't bother with the blue/green one.

DarksideR    1,679

So do you just pull or cut the wire from that plug/connector then connect it to your light wiring? Do you still have to run the wire up the tower?

stoked    1,039
So do you just pull or cut the wire from that plug/connector then connect it to your light wiring? Do you still have to run the wire up the tower?

You cut the wires and run the wires from your light down the tower to the ones you cut.

Protip for you Dark: when you pull the plastic sides off you'll see the insulated wires that run up for the speakers and lights, locate this behind the speaker and cut the ties that have it wrapped. On the tower side pull all the slack up as much as you possibly can. Then black tape the new light wires to the slack and pull it back down. You should have enough slack that they clear the inside.

It was impossible to fish a wire through, it takes two 60 degree turns

Edited by stoked

DarksideR    1,679

Thanks! When it comes to wiring, I need all the help and tips I can get!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DarksideR    1,679

Just found this video comparing the VisionX product to the Rigid. I'll be going Rigid for my boat.

https://youtu.be/jX3oQDYIZmM

• Like 1

Shaka    146

I have Dually's and they are great.

viking    491

Just found this video comparing the VisionX product to the Rigid. I'll be going Rigid for my boat.

https://youtu.be/jX3oQDYIZmM

Great video. I don't think you can beat the dually's for boat tower application. Perfect output and for the price I don't think you can go wrong.

For fog lights and on the road I was surprised at how much better the visionX lights worked. Thanks for sharing Dark.

• Like 1

DarksideR    1,679

The VisionX definitely gets points for its asthetics.

IROCNParts    108

On the new ri237 the red/yellow wire is the tower after light wire. The wiring is NOT extended into the tower from what I can tell. Hope this helps you guys in future

• Like 1

DarksideR    1,679

Just bought a pair of lights. They're floods. So hopefully that won't be an issue. Hoping the weather will allow me to instal my rev10's and the lights tomorrow! I should probably test the lights before I cut the plugs off the wires I guess :p

Edited by DarksideR

DarksideR    1,679

Apparently stoked was very lucky in his tower light wires being on both sides of the boat. Mine are like Adams. Speaker wires going up the port side of the tower, and lighting wires going up the starboard side. Damn speaker wiring isn't even connected and the connection is just barely within reach while laying under the observers seat. Yay.

3acdccd6a6edf66fc404de9bb83bb220.jpg28a5cc44d40230a5be90ebfeb43dbd41.jpg

stoked    1,039

I just can't believe that the wiring would be that different. Adam bought his boat before me and you after. That's crazy! No 9pin connector at all??

DarksideR    1,679

I just can't believe that the wiring would be that different. Adam bought his boat before me and you after. That's crazy! No 9pin connector at all??

Nope. Pulled the speaker too just to be sure. Found a 9 pin up in the observers area with all the other wiring.

stoked    1,039

So when I pulled my speaker the connector was all the way up, up where the wires come down from the tower in a loom

DarksideR    1,679

Super weird. On tapatalk, my post with the pics is correct. Yet on the web it posted the same pic twice.

Stoked, it's not there man. The pic above is all that's coming from the tower on the port side. This is on the starboard side

4ccc1792efacf5840611a74d13d95328.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DarksideR    1,679

I assume I want to connect to the tower stern lts.