CrewAdmin

PRESS RELEASE: CENTURION BOATS AND SUPREME BOATS JOIN THE CORRECT CRAFT FAMILY

CrewAdmin    192

JUST ANNOUNCED!!!

ORLANDO, FL (June 11, 2015) – Today Correct Craft announced that they have acquired a majority interest in both Centurion Boats and Supreme Boats.

Both Centurion and Supreme have long and proud histories in the towed watersports segment. Centurion is the official boat of the World Wake Surfing Championships and has been since it began in 1995. Both brands, which are powered by PCM and Crusader Engines, are manufactured in Merced, California.

Correct Craft also announced that both brands will continue to build their boats in Merced and that there are no plans to make any changes with company management.

Rick Lee, longtime owner of Centurion Boats, acquired Supreme Boats in 2011. Lee will maintain a minority ownership interest in the brands and continue working with them in a consulting role.

Lee stated, “I am proud of all the people who have worked to build the Centurion brand for over three decades. I am thrilled to have both Centurion and Supreme become part of a team that will not only continue to build our brands and legacy but also provide opportunities for our employees.” Lee added, “I am very excited about our future.”

Correct Craft President and CEO Bill Yeargin stated, “We are very happy to have both Centurion and Supreme joining our family. The past few months as we have worked together to finalize this deal our mutual respect has grown and we are excited about the things we will accomplish as a team.” Yeargin added, “Our Correct Craft family has grown significantly over the past few years and we are pleased to add two new brands in the towboat segment; we plan to immediately begin working to grow both Centurion and Supreme in the global marketplace.”

1434069526-U66.jpg

Bill with the Centurion and Supreme team - Clark Bird, Rick Lee and Erin McIlhatton

To read Yeargin’s Nautique Insider blog on Centurion and Supreme joining the Correct Craft family and learn more about Correct Craft please click HERE.

• Like 1

CrewAdmin    192

From LINK above...

Welcome to the Correct Craft Family

Today our family grew once again and once again we are excited. Nautique’s parent company, Correct Craft, announced that they have acquired a majority interest in both Centurion Boats and Supreme Boats. We welcome them to the family!

Both Centurion and Supreme have long and proud histories in the boating industry. Centurion continues that today as the official towboat of the World Wake Surfing Championships. Both brands are built by a talented team in Merced, California, and have a respected leadership team. We believe they will fit in well with our family and look forward to working with them.

As CEO of Nautique’s parent company, Correct Craft, it has been fun to see not only the global growth of Nautique these past several years but also see other companies join our family. Correct Craft has been growing like crazy so, to help you keep it all straight, below is a summary of our family:

• Correct Craft is the parent company of all of these entities and I am honored to serve as the Correct Craft President and CEO
  • Nautique Boats is the biggest of the Correct Craft companies and is the builder of premier watersports boats. Over the past couple of years Nautique boats have been recognized as Wakeboard Boat of the Year, Wakesurf Boat of the Year, Most Innovative Product, and Innovation of the Year. The Ski Nautique 200 has more than triple the world records of all its competitors combined!
  • Centurion Boats is a high quality and high tech towboat with an excellent reputation in our industry. Centurion has a rich history and is currently the official towboat of the World Wake Surf Championships.
  • Supreme Boats also has a long and proud history and is the industry leader in value-oriented towboats.
  • Bass Cat builds the world’s best bass boats and is the quality, performance and service leader in the bass boat industry.
  • Yar-Craft builds the world’s best walleye fishing boats and is the quality, performance and service leader in the walleye boat industry.
  • PCM Marine Engines builds the world’s best marine engines and provides engines for both the Nautique and Centurion brands. PCM has recently introduced their newest generation of engines, which sets them apart from their competitors in a BIG way.
  • Crusader Engines builds both cruiser and towboat engines. Crusader has a rich history of providing both high quality and excellent value engines to the boating industry and provides the engines for our Supreme brand.
  • Levitator Engines are the world’s best airboat engines.
  • Aktion Parks is the company we are using to grow in the cable wakeboarding market. It currently owns two world-class boat and cable parks; Orlando Watersports Complex and Miami Watersports Complex.
  • Orlando Watersport Complex (OWC) in the world’s most well-known and popular boat and cable park.
  • Miami Watersports Complex (MWC) is our most recent boat and cable park, located in South Florida. Only open a short time MWC is already earning a reputation as one of the world’s top boat and cable parks.

While Nautique’s parent company is growing and Nautique gains some sister companies that does not change one ounce the
Nautique commitment to quality, performance and service. Our Nautique team is also growing and more committed than ever to ensuring Nautique provides the boats that ensure our customers (along with their friends and families) have the best possible experience on the water. Nautique will continue to do that.

The world’s best ski boat; the world’s best wake boat; and a company that cares!

Enjoy the Nautique life!

1434070302-U66.png

• Like 1

WakeDoc    471

All I can say is WOW! I cannot see this as anything but, positive for everyone involved!

• Like 2

Wow this is great news. Merging into a large company should help to stabilize the cost of raw materials, and other benefits for them. Also should help them with dealer network growth.

From what I have just found out they are now a Sister Company to Nautique, PCM, Bass Cat, Yar Craft, and the Water Parks. So they are equals and not owned by another boat company but a fully independently owned by one Single person the Holding Company. Not a public company like Malibu and MasterCraft is about to become again for the 3rd time. So no worries about them wanting to built it up to sell it off.

I am excited for them and for all us owners as well.

tprice    118

What's this mean to you Northwest Boat Sports?

Will you be taking the Nautique brand from Active Water Sports?

duramat    462

Wow.....don't know what to say.

Do nautiques vinyl warranty last longer than a year? How's their warranty dept? This could be a good thing?

:thumbsup:

• Like 3

Bongo Fury    640

I hope this all works out......these deals always scare me....I've been through them.....sometimes they don't have a happy ending......hope this is a good thing for all...."Enjoy the Nautique life"

viking    491

Didn't see that one coming!!!

I think Durmat has been already reported to Nautique for Negativity. Told he needs a special warranty on anything he purchases. The short version!

LOL! Just teasing there Dura.

• Like 1

RhuntIII    555

This is great news! I hope Nautique shares their saltwater additions to the centurion line up. Congrats on this venture.

enzo101mo    98

Kinda sad to hear but I am sure Correct Craft will continue to make Centurion Boats with top quality and up to their standers I am glad To see that they are going to still build them in Merced

chadr    328

Correct craft already owns PCM so it may be Just to help out in building the boats cheaper. They will still charge the same or more but they will get the engines cheaper.

DarksideR    1,679

I have more reservations than excitement.

When ownership changes, so does a lot of other things.

• Like 2

boatnut    230

Well for one hope centurion and supreme wont see the cc price.... And dark your right, I do believe with any merger or. Takeover, things in the short term stay status qou, but what about a year or two down the line, I Don't wanna deal with wizard in any way shape or form, that includes performance which is controlled by them in some way....

• Like 1

Kevin Baugh    78

Correct Craft has taken over several companies PCM etc so far they have left them alone to do there thing

adambomb2000    35

Interesting that there is no mention of this on Centurion's website. You would think they would have the announcement put together and ready to upload to the site yesterday...lacks a little professionalism IMHO.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy..