Sign in to follow this  
Kstens73

Wetsounds on Gladiator tower

Kstens73    2

Installing Rev 8s on a 2014 233 with a Gladiator tower. Tower is prewired. Do the wires end at the head unit or are the bundled under the tower? If they are under the tower do you have to take off the side panels to access them? What is the best way to handle the situation? Thanks in advance

boatnut    230

I am thinking there are plugs up top and pop the plug out, and it will be attached to the wires

truekaotik    458

Gladiators have the wires zip tied at the base of the tower on each side, if no tower speakers installed factory. Pull the seat bottom and reach up or pull the forward 6.5 speaker in cabin, on each side, to access the wiring :) they have two pair speaker wire and light wire on each side.

Edited by truekaotik

DarksideR    1,679

Gladiators have the wires zip tied at the base of the tower on each side, if no tower speakers installed factory. Pull the seat bottom and reach up or pull the forward 6.5 speaker in cabin, on each side, to access the wiring :) they have two pair speaker wire and light wire on each side.

Unless you have Ramfill. Then, like me, it's almost impossible. The seat backs are bolted so even that requires a very long powered ratchet and incredible control/aim. I ran new speaker wire on my install. That wasn't exactly easy either. The hole for the wires is very small.

truekaotik    458

Yes unless your Ramfill^^ but it's same place just more work :) seat backs are bolted and can be removed easily actually.. Also a 233 will have more space and doesn't loose the speaker like the FX22 does :(

Edited by truekaotik

DarksideR    1,679

Yes unless your Ramfill^^ but it's same place just more work :) seat backs are bolted and can be removed easily actually.. Also a 233 will have more space and doesn't loose the speaker like the FX22 does :(

I'm 90% sure that it does lose the speaker as well. The cockpit area of the fx22 and sv233 are identical.

DarksideR    1,679

I'm 90% sure that it does lose the speaker as well. The cockpit area of the fx22 and sv233 are identical.

After a quick internet search on onlyinboards, I'm now 100% sure. The only ramfill boats that don't lose the two forward in boat speakers are the FS33&44 &SV244. The vents are much more forward in the hull. Guess Fineline hasn't wanted to build new molds for the FS22 and SV233. Maybe there's clearance issues.

Edited by DarksideR

Kstens73    2

Thanks for the info. My boat has ramfill so it looks like I will have to remove the seat backs to get at the wires. Only one speaker on each side on my boat.

truekaotik    458

Sweet! I've only done the 244's Dark :( thanks buddy!

Try removing the rear speaker and see if it helps?

Edited by truekaotik

boatnut    230

Oops sorry about the wrong info, I get screwed up between the gladiator and maximus or vice versa towers all the time :)

DarksideR    1,679

Sweet! I've only done the 244's Dark :( thanks buddy!

Try removing the rear speaker and see if it helps?

That explains it. Lol.

I did remove the speaker and could JUST get my fingers on the wad of wires, but didn't have the guts to blindly cut at the zapstrap figuring I'd definitely cut the wires!

Oops sorry about the wrong info, I get screwed up between the gladiator and maximus or vice versa towers all the time :)

No, you were on point. There is plugs at speaker mount locations that when pulled out SHOULD have the wires attached. The issue is that they're not run all the way to the head unit. They're balled up and zapstrapped under the tower base. Thanks for making things difficult Fineline factory worker.

• Like 1

truekaotik    458

Yeah we didn't have many do ramfill on their Centurions here till 2015.. Only messed with 3- 244's with it. Now new tower and set up... :(

Kstens73    2

I found the speaker wire bundled at the base of the tower but they are not open ended they head to the back of the boat. I took out the side speakers port and starboard and found two sets of connectors labeled CKPT speakes LT on each side not sure what these are. There is black speaker wire coming out of the tower connected to colored wire connected to silver and copper normal speaker wire. Wires on the port side tower come out of the tower base and head toward the back of the boat, seems like they should head towards the head unit which is 5 feet away. Any thoughts would be helpful, thanks

boatnut    230

You might ask fineline for a wiring diagram, or maybe dark got one with his boat

DarksideR    1,679

Don't point the wiring issue finger at me man! LOL.

I noticed the same sort of thing kstens mentioned of speaker wires heading to the back of the boat. I just said F this and ran all new speaker wires to everything.

boatnut    230

Ha ha ha ha, my maximus tower came with a wiring diagram, that showed what wire is for what :)