DarksideR    1,679

Exactly like that.. Same engine same exhaust no? Couldn't get that exact pipe to bolt up?

It would seem like a no brainer... But maybe the exhaust port is slightly different in location? Would make it not work.

DarksideR    1,679

Is it possible that the issue of spray is because it protrudes further out from the stern due to the longer wake plate? So the swim platform doesn't knock down the spray? I think there's more than one thing causing the issue. The Nautique one is definitely to short in length.

Edited by DarksideR

Bob U    5

Spray issue Fixed!!!

The issue was the shape of the down pipe. Larry gave me the go head to make any and all changes and experiment with the system to resolve the spray issue.

I hammered and Dollie the down pipe to a more streamline shape. spray issue resolved.

Standby for pictures.

• Like 1

stoked    1,039
Spray issue Fixed!!!

The issue was the shape of the down pipe. Larry gave me the go head to make any and all changes and experiment with the system to resolve the spray issue.

I hammered and Dollie the down pipe to a more streamline shape. spray issue resolved.

Standby for pictures.

SWEET!!!!! Did Larry say how long it would take to produce from his end?

DarksideR    1,679

Spray issue Fixed!!!

Standby for pictures.

Great news!

Now make with the pics!! LOL

Bob U    5

Pic of the modifications to the single FAE to reduce the spray issue.

post-5503-0-41242700-1437484512_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Bob U    5

Another pic.

post-5503-0-95205500-1437484544_thumb.jpg

stoked    1,039

Very cool!! I talked to Larry this morning:

"We are working on a re-designed (narrower) shape for the 4” downpipe we use on the Centurion. I am sending data to an engineer to model it then we have to build a new die. This will take at least 2 weeks (best case scenario)."

Dreamer    96

This is very cool. I put mine in a press to make it a little narrower but thought if I went too far it would crack at the welds.

Bob U    5

This is very cool. I put mine in a press to make it a little narrower but thought if I went too far it would crack at the welds.

Dreamer,

Come down below the welds about 2 inches. look at my pic's. I would lay it flat on a large thick board like a 2x8 and then lay another 2x8 on top and hammer it down or use the a vise. Do a little at a time. When I was done with mine, 2inch as the widest point at the bottom opening. I tried to get it thinner at the top and then keep a constant shape and thickness through out the down pipe. I am working on tack welding a small angle to the top part of the down pipe where it is still pretty wide. Mine spray is 90% gone and sprays less then other dual exhaust FAE systems now.

• Like 1

Nice. Going to try slimming mine down some this week and give a test run without the spray flap this weekend.

stoked    1,039

Just got the call from FAE, they'll be shipping me a system for my FS33 within the next week!! Super stoked to get this on!!!! It's not as big of a deal in deep water, but when we have to shorten our wave for shallow water the exhaust is a menace!

Bongo Fury    640

Nice....please report back on the spray issue or hopefully lack of spray....I'm dieing to put one on my boat again.

Cdifranco    463

Take a db meter with you! I want to know how quiet these are!

viking    491

I'm interested to see what the final design changes will be. I'd think you wouldn't want to cut the inside volume down too much or it'll cause too much back pressure? Just pinching the pipe won't be the best overall solution.

• Like 1

DarksideR    1,679

I'm interested to see what the final design changes will be. I'd think you wouldn't want to cut the inside volume down too much or it'll cause too much back pressure? Just pinching the pipe won't be the best overall solution.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but a 3" oval tube will have the same overall sized opening as a squished 3" oval tube. Won't it?

If the rain clears off I will get a Db reading tonight and post tomorrow.

stoked    1,039

If the rain clears off I will get a Db reading tonight and post tomorrow.

Sweet! Because I do not have a dB meter just laying around.... ;-)

CeeDee    16

If you have an iPhone there is a db meter app.

stoked    1,039

If you have an iPhone there is a db meter app.

iPhone score: bay/lake: 2, stoked:0

And that's with a lifeproof case, unfortunately it doesn't float...

• Like 1