Dreamer    96

Nice work Bob. Keep us posted with all the updates. Pictures are always a nice bonus too.?

stoked    1,039

Okay, since I am not a centurion expert, what spray are we taking about, I have a little on my 210, but it does not affect the wave, so that one person who sits at the far back gets a little rinse, why is this a big deal?? Also I have never smelt exhaust either, what am I missing?? Is this FAE just another toy, that I gotta spend some money on??

We get really bad exhaust that goes right into the rider's face, you're literally breathing it in the entire time you're surfing which is really dangerous. The FAE (http://www.freshairexhaust.com/) puts the exhaust into the prop wash so it comes out a 100 feet later. But right now there is an issue with the design for single exhaust boats where it splashes the rider in the face the whole time.

h20king    794

What he ^^^^^^ said. The spray is wicked and does hit the rider in the face when surfing. I have one just sitting in the shop waiting for a solution so i can send it back to be 're worked. I have to agree that the single down tube is to wide and needs to be shaped like the original. Can't do a mudflap so for now it was a waste of money and they are not exactly cheep. FAE knows they have problems with the design but keep selling the same thing hoping for a better result.

stoked    1,039

What he ^^^^^^ said. The spray is wicked and does hit the rider in the face when surfing. I have one just sitting in the shop waiting for a solution so i can send it back to be 're worked. I have to agree that the single down tube is to wide and needs to be shaped like the original. Can't do a mudflap so for now it was a waste of money and they are not exactly cheep. FAE knows they have problems with the design but keep selling the same thing hoping for a better result.

I wonder if welded fins on the side would help, like the ones pontoon boats have on them?

lovetosurf    48

Am I the only one who doesn't have spray issues with the FAE?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stoked    1,039

31217-1-lg.jpg

WakeDoc    471

Am I the only one who doesn't have spray issues with the FAE? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope, never had issues on our either.

stoked    1,039

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you have dual exhaust? Apparently the issue has been with the single exhaust

• Like 2

boatnut    230

Am I the only one who doesn't have spray issues with the FAE? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have issues period, with no FAE

DarksideR    1,679

Oh... I wouldn't say that now. LOL.

• Like 1

boatnut    230

Oh... I wouldn't say that now. LOL.

Ha ha ha, never say never eh? I know, I know, my problem is loaded down with ballast and people, it has a very tough time getting my large a$$ outta the water, so I ordered a 1433 from wake makers....... That should help with the cavititation and the rudder shudder...

• Like 1

bhanson    12

I have dual exhaust on my 2007 Typhoon and do get spray from FAE downtube. I ran with a "mudflap" for a bit and that worked well, so could be a fast/easy/cheap fix if your spray is obnoxious. When I rebuilt my swim platform I made it narrower and longer, and it now knocks down much of the FAE spray so I ultimately removed the mudflap.

bluesman280    99

Does the FAE work fine on the dual exhaust? I have been considering it for my 2012 SV233.

bhanson    12

Does the FAE work fine on the dual exhaust? I have been considering it for my 2012 SV233.

Yes, it works great, not sure if you have another question in there though. The FAE dramatically reduces exhaust noise (if that is what you want) and the CO safety aspect is very important to me (station wagon effect in the boat, not on rider). However, you are dragging a tube thru the water so can/will cause some spray, which may or may not bother you. I love the FAE, and love educating the local water police when they stop me to explain the perils of surfing (yes, on multiple occasions, sheez ...).

• Like 1

bluesman280    99

I guess spray was more the issue I was concerned with for the dual exhaust. Is it more manageable than the issue the guys are having with the single exhaust. A little would be fine, but too much spray would probably drive me crazy.......

Any decrease in exhaust gas and noise would definitely be a bonus though.

stoked    1,039

I just talked to Larry. He's hoping to have something in the next week or two, but he sounded pretty busy so my guess is that it may be longer. His thoughts are to go from a 4" tube to a 3.5" or 3" like the Tige's are using. He's going to call me as soon as he has something.

• Like 1

Cdifranco    463

Maybe a dumb question.. Doesn't nautique also use pcm engines with single exhaust which also uses basically an FAE/surf pipe or what ever they call it? Anyone tried actually using one from a nautique on their centurion?

DarksideR    1,679

Maybe a dumb question.. Doesn't nautique also use pcm engines with single exhaust which also uses basically an FAE/surf pipe or what ever they call it? Anyone tried actually using one from a nautique on their centurion?

You mean like the one I posted in post #8???

Cdifranco    463

You mean like the one I posted in post #8???

Exactly like that.. Same engine same exhaust no? Couldn't get that exact pipe to bolt up?

stoked    1,039

Larry brought that up, said he didn't understand why his sprayed and theirs didn't. He's thinking it has something to do with the shape of the hull

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk