Bob U    5

All those with FAE system.

Larry at FAE is working on improving the system and make changes as needed. He just received a new CNC machine and is looking to prefect the FAE design on the signal exhaust centurion boats. Larry is looking for some feed.

Please contact him with any issue and recommendation you might have.

Below is his contact info

(512) 647-7321

mail@boatpipes.com

www.freshairexhaust.com

• Like 1

Dreamer    96

Bob U, are you close by Larry? You should do the testing on your boat. I'd do it but shipping to and from Canada is a pain.

RVR-RAT    269

^^^^ X 2 ^^^^

Edited by RVR-RAT

Bob U    5

Dreamer, No I'm no close by. Just talking to him on the phone.

He wants to make changes to improve the FAE, but said he does not get much feedback.

Larry is asking for a quick email or phone call with anyone that has a recommendations.

I agree with most here that the first change that is needed is to try angling the down tube back a little.

Larry has some other idea's that he wants to try as well.

Dreamer    96

I talked to Larry quite a few times as my FAE kept falling off. Each time I was lucky it didn't find the bottom of the lake. The frame carrying the unit had to be upgraded due to torsion. I also had crazy spray issues where the water would come back into the boat so a flap had to be added.

He needs to build a few prototypes and find someone local to test. The down tube needs to be more hydrodynamic in shape and probably have some rearward angle. I'm sure mine points forward when the bow is up.

Who on the Crew is near Larry and can volunteer his time and boat? I would do it earlier in the spring but now that the water has warmed up my boat is moored in the lake for the season.

Edited by Dreamer

stoked    1,039

Any feedback if Larry made changes? I'd like one for my FS33 bit don't want the splash

DarksideR    1,679

Any feedback if Larry made changes? I'd like one for my FS33 bit don't want the splash

Ditto. Would really like to knock the noise down!

DarksideR    1,679

Hey Fineline/CorrectCraft... When we gonna see this option on the Cents and Sups?post-848-0-98650600-1435546325_thumb.jpg

stoked    1,039

I'm getting crushed right now in shallow water surfing, we have to shorten the wave which puts you right in the exhaust the entire time.

stoked    1,039

I emailed Larry

DarksideR    1,679

One of the best surf boats on the planet! And your hindered with a shallow waterway... I feel for you. Is it always that shallow, or is this a drought issue? Anywhere else you can go?

I'm tempted to buy the FAE and just have it modified if Larry doesn't want to do it. Should be a simple cut and reposition of the down tube. May require more length of the down tube though too.

Edited by DarksideR

Stretch    409

They are just stainless right? I'd imagine any fabricator around could fix that for you for a few bucks. Just sucks to order a new part and then get it modified..

Cdifranco    463

I'm sure most people have offered already but being a metal fab guy/ engineer my self I would be more than willing to install one on my boat and tune it to avoid spray. Like others have stated though I am very reluctant to spend my own money to just cut up and alter a brand new part.

Sadly I am not right up the street from you guys and it would require shipping parts back and forth.

stoked    1,039

I'm sure most people have offered already but being a metal fab guy/ engineer my self I would be more than willing to install one on my boat and tune it to avoid spray. Like others have stated though I am very reluctant to spend my own money to just cut up and alter a brand new part.

Sadly I am not right up the street from you guys and it would require shipping parts back and forth.

You're technically up the street from me :laughing:

stoked    1,039

One of the best surf boats on the planet! And your hindered with a shallow waterway... I feel for you. Is it always that shallow, or is this a drought issue? Anywhere else you can go?

Sort of. We live on the Chesapeake Bay where we have 6-8 feet deep of water out back depending on the tides. So during the week, that's were we board and surf (now that we have the new boat). We also split a vacation house with my wife's parents on a deep lake two hours away which is where we do our weekends. In the past it was wakeboard at home, wakesurf at the lake. Now it's all wakesurfing baby!!

It makes it fun, take the boat off the lift, put it on the trailer, drive two hours, put it in the water, put it on the lift, take it off the lift, put it on the trailer, drive two hours, put it in the water, put it on the lift. Rinse and repeat all summer long... Half of the back of our tow vehicle is just spare parts and tools needed for whatever happens in between, we blew 3 tires and one axle alone last year.

Cdifranco    463

You're technically up the street from me :laughing:

Haha stoked that is true. Highway 95 runs through like 16 states! So even better if you'd like send one up and ill tweak!

stoked    1,039

Haha stoked that is true. Highway 95 runs through like 16 states! So even better if you'd like send one up and ill tweak!

It's hitch-hiking it's way up there now!

Still waiting to hear from Larry, hopefully he's made some progress!! I'll certainly be his guinea pig if he doesn't mind shipping to MD.

Bob U    5

I installed the FAE on my SV244. Larry angled back the down pipe more then normal on my system. It still has a very bad spray issue. I have tried raising and lowering it with no luck. I think the main issues is that the down pipe on the single exhaust is way to wide. I will work with Larry to try different mods to it. Ill keep you updated

stoked    1,039

I installed the FAE on my SV244. Larry angled back the down pipe more then normal on my system. It still has a very bad spray issue. I have tried raising and lowering it with no luck. I think the main issues is that the down pipe on the single exhaust is way to wide. I will work with Larry to try different mods to it. Ill keep you updated

Thanks for the info Bob!! Definitely keep us in the loop!

Never thought I'd miss my side-swipe!

boatnut    230

Okay, since I am not a centurion expert, what spray are we taking about, I have a little on my 210, but it does not affect the wave, so that one person who sits at the far back gets a little rinse, why is this a big deal?? Also I have never smelt exhaust either, what am I missing?? Is this FAE just another toy, that I gotta spend some money on??